The Michigan Department of Education releases school accountability reports including the Michigan School Scorecards for districts and schools, as well as, Top-to-Bottom School Rankings. We also recognize schools that outperform others on these diagnostics as Reward Schools. Links are provided below to the various accountability reports, including Reward Schools! Topics and resources relating to district and school accountability in Michigan! Support for the Michigan Department of Education's District and School Accountability initiatives can be reached at 877-560-8378 or MDE-Accountability@michigan.gov.
Visit MISchoolData.org for a one stop shop to find the latest school accountability reports. Click on "Dashboard and Accountability Scorecard" and then choose "Accountability Scorecard" or "School Ranking" to view the corresponding report item. The ranking portion will also list Reward School status. Click the "Edit Report" button to search for a school of interest!
- MI School Scorecards
The Michigan School Scorecards will use a color-coding system of green, lime, yellow, orange, red to indicate school performance and compliance.
- Top-to-Bottom School Rankings
The Top-to-Bottom School Rankings are part of Michigan's school accountability system which ranks schools on their student performance in mathematics, English language arts, science, social studies (and graduation rate data for high schools). School performance components include student achievement, improvement, and achievement gaps between the highest and lowest scoring 30 percent of students in each school. There is an overall school ranking and separate achievement gap ranking provided to each eligible school.
- Reward Schools
Reward Schools are recognized annually as those that are among the highest achieving and/or highest improving statewide.
- Beating the Odds Schools
Beating the Odds Schools are a special kind of Reward Schools that are identified as having overcome traditional barriers to student achievement and are outperforming schools with similar factors and demographic makeups as their own.
- MI School Scorecards
- School Scorecards for Parents and Communities (on MISchoolData.org)
- School Rankings for Parents and Communities (on MISchoolData.org)
- Display Diagram for Help Reading a Michigan School Scorecard on MISchoolData.org
- District Accountability Reports on At-Risk Students/Section 31A (on MISchoolData.org)
- 2016-17 Best Practices MSDS Reporting Guide for Trouble-Free Accountability
- Student Growth Percentiles (SGPs)
- Spring 2017 Accountability Testing Policy for Recently Arrived, First Year English-Learner Students
- Using Data for School Improvement
- Shared Educational Entities
- Guiding Principles for School Accountability