State Transportation Improvement Program (STIP)
The State Transportation Improvement Program (STIP) is a list of projects that the state proposes to fund with federal aid.
- 2017-2020 State Transportation Improvement Program (STIP)
- 2017-1 Approved (January 17, 2017)
- 2017-2 Approved (March 6, 2017)
- 2017-3 Approved (May 12, 2017)
- 2017-4 Approved (May 12, 2017)
- 2017-5 Amendment
- Primer and Use for Uniform STIP
- Get Involved! How to influence the project selection/approval process
- Road, bridge and transit projects located exclusively in rural areas
- The transportation planning processes
- The public involvement process
- A financial plan that compares annual resources to new commitments.
Not included are:
- Projects in larger metropolitan areas. Those projects are listed in the Transportation Improvement Plans (TIPs) prepared by local Metropolitan Planning Organizations (MPOs).
- Some smaller safety and heavy maintenance projects. These projects will be selected later this year after further analysis of highway conditions.
- Local projects on federal-aid-eligible roads selected through the Rural Task Force or Small Urban Program project selection process. These projects are grouped as a single line item in the STIP rather than being listed individually.