Paperless PaymentsClick here for
Effective January 1, 2013, all Housing Assistance Payments (HAP) are processed by the Michigan State Housing Development Authority (MSHDA).
All monthly payments will be made on or before the 5th business day of each month. Please print the payment schedule for scheduled payment dates.
You can view your payment information, unit information, and tenant information on the Partner Portal.
Prior to contacting MSHDA, please review the Paperless Payments document located under the Frequently Asked Questions section below. If you have any questions on the paperless payment process that are not addressed within this document, you may send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please allow two business days for a response to your inquiry.
Prior to calendar year (CY) 2013, all Housing Assistance Payments (HAP) were made by the Michigan Department of Treasury. All payments for the Michigan Department of Treasury can be reviewed using Contact & Payment Express (C&PE). All 1099 requests prior to CY 2013 must be made to the Michigan Department of Treasury.
Housing Choice Voucher Program 1099 Documents
MSHDA mails IRS 1099-MISC forms on or before January 31st each year, as required by the IRS. Please allow up to two-weeks for delivery.
MSHDA will submit IRS 1099-MISC forms electronically to the IRS and State of Michigan on or before March 31st each year, as required by the IRS.
Between January 1st and March 31st, you may contact MSHDA for a revised 1099-MISC form or to request a duplicate copy. The requested document will be sent out within two business days of your request.
Between April 1st and December 31st, you may contact MSDHA for a corrected 1099-MISC form or to request a duplicate copy of the original 1099-MISC form. The requested document will be sent out on the last Friday of each month.
You may contact the Housing Choice Voucher Program regarding your 1099-MISC documentation at 517-373-6900 or HCV1099@michigan.gov. Please allow two business days for a response to your inquiry.
Proof of Ownership and Paid Taxes
All property owners must submit proof of legal ownership and proof that property taxes, fines, and assessments have been paid in full for the property being rented. Both will be required before a HAP Contract will be executed with MSHDA for the rental of your unit.
Acceptable proof of legal ownership is:
- Copy of title insurance policy for the property that shows the landlord as the owner of the property; or
- Copy of Title Commitment or Title Search document; or
- Copy of a recorded warranty deed, quit claim deed, deed of trust, or covenant deed; or
- Printout from a city or county website; or
- Land Contract: Two documents are required for Proof of Ownership when there is a Land Contract in place:
- A copy of the signed Land Contract; and
- The Seller's Proof of Ownership document.
- For properties with 5 or more units: Proof of paid taxes for most recent tax cycle.
Acceptable proof of paid real estate taxes, fines, and assessments is:
- Paid receipt or statement from the local tax authority stating account is current; or
- Printout from city, township, or county website stating account is current; or
- Current document from local tax authority stating owner has entered into and is in compliance with a repayment agreement for unpaid taxes.