The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
Governor Whitmer Signs Executive Order Temporarily Allowing Employment, Other Administrative Hearings by Video Conference
March 25, 2020
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
March 25, 2020?
? Governor Whitmer Signs Executive Order Temporarily Allowing Employment, Other Administrative Hearings by Video Conference
LANSING, Mich.?— Governor?Gretchen Whitmer?today signed Executive Order 2020-23, which temporarily allows the Michigan Employment Relations Commission, Unemployment Insurance Agency, and other administrative hearings to be held by video conference or phone in place of in-person hearings. The order also temporarily allows e-signatures in place of written signatures on related documents.
Administrative hearing notifications, normally made in person, temporarily can be made by mail or email under the order.
“Michigan’s workforce is making unprecedented sacrifices as we continue to fight the spread of COVID-19,” Gov. Whitmer said. “Through video conferencing and other electronic means, this order will allow us to continue addressing disputes in the workplace and ensure we are meeting the needs of those filing for unemployment benefits during this challenging time.”
Patients with confirmed infection have reportedly had mild to severe respiratory illness with symptoms of:???
- Shortness of breath???
The best prevention for viruses, such as influenza, the common cold or COVID-19 is:
- If you are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19, call your health care provider. If you do not have a health care provider, call the nearest hospital.
- Wash your hands often with soap and warm water for 20 seconds. If not available, use hand sanitizer.?????
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth with unwashed hands.?????
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or upper sleeve when coughing or sneezing.?????
- Avoid contact with people who are sick.?????
- If you are sick, stay home, and avoid contact with others.????
- Stay at least 6 feet away from others when in a public setting.???
Information around this outbreak is changing rapidly. The latest information is available at Michigan.gov/Coronavirus and CDC.gov/Coronavirus.???
To view executive order 2020-23, click the link below:
This press release will be translated and made available in Arabic and Spanish at?www.michigan.gov/whitmer.??