Welcome to the State Budget Office
Welcome to the Michigan State Budget Office website. I encourage you to check out our website and learn more about the vital role of the Budget Office in state government.
In addition to developing the governor’s Executive Budget recommendation, the Budget Office is also responsible for presenting budget recommendations to the Legislature and implementing the budget approved by the Legislature and signed by the governor.
The Budget Office also includes the Office of Financial Management, the Office of Internal Audit Services, and the Center for Educational Performance and Information.
For more information about the State Budget Office, please feel free to email us at Contact-SBO@michigan.gov.
Thank you for visiting.
John S. Roberts
State Budget Director
John S. Roberts Bio
News and Information
- Fiscal Year 2017 and Projected Fiscal Year 2018 Executive Budget Recommendation
- Snyder's budget proposal provides strong investments for one Michigan moving forward
- We are One Michigan
- Governor's FY 2017 Budget Proposal [on YouTube]
- Executive Budget Bill - General Operations
- Executive Budget Bill - State Education Funding Act
- Fiscal Year 2017 Executive Budget Issue Papers
- Senate Fiscal Agency's FY2015-16 Initial Appropriations Report
- House Fiscal Agency's FY2015-16 Appropriations Summary and Analysis
Fiscal Year 2017 and Projected Fiscal Year 2018 Executive Budget
- Executive Budget
Click on the book to go directly to the Fiscal Year 2017 Executive Budget.
Current FY16 Senate Fiscal Agency Budget Bills Status
Current FY16 House Fiscal Agency Budget Bills Status