10 North Howes Lake Road
Grayling, Michigan 49738
Debra Jones, Director
Phone: (989) 344-5008
Fax: (989) 348-4287
Providing a secure 40-bed treatment facility to male juveniles between the ages of 12 and 21 years who have been adjudicated for one or more felony counts. The center offers four specialized treatment programs for sex offenders, addictions/substance abuse, general criminal and delinquents. All provided in a secure environment where treatment can take place while assuring the community a high level of security.
Sex Offender Treatment: Stop all sexually abusive behavior, protect society from victimization, help prevent other aggressive and abusive behaviors and to assist the youth in developing more functional relationships and social skills.
Treatment is based on True North Treatment, a cognitive behavioral approach that is evidence-based and offers group, individual and family involvement. Treatment can include:
- Family reationships
- Emotional stability
- Substance Abuse
- Life Skills
- Social Relationships
- Health Care/Hygiene
Addiction Treatment: Intensive substance-abuse treatment for delinquent males with significant histories of criminal behavior based on chemical dependency and addiction. The 12-Step Recovery Support models of AA and NA (Alcoholics Anonymous & Narcotics Anonymous) are used. Family Group Counseling and family visitation is used to address treatment-related issues of support, structure and safety
General Delinquent Program (mild to medium mental health issues): Delinquent youth generally exhibit long-term criminal and antisocial behavior due to environmental, economic, or untreated mental health issues. Youth will have Group Work, Family Therapy and Individual Counseling.
Individual Counseling may Include:
- Behavior Cycle.
- Or any combination of therapies.
- Individual education program designed to address specific needs (high school education, GED, or online college coursework).
- Small class sizes.
- Individual attention.
- On-campus Balanced Restorative Justice projects.
- On-campus medical and dental services.
- On-campus psychiatric and psychological services.
- On- and off-campus experimental education opportunities.
- On-campus spiritual development opportunities.
- Off-campus community reintegration programming services.