The 2017 Securing Mi Financial Future initiative is bringing to Michigan consumers a high-impact and awareness-raising lunchtime workshop filled with key ways to improve and protect their financial well-being. Quick-Paced, 90-Minute Format
Securing Mi Financial Future is perfect for busy, time-pressed individuals who know they need to do more, but never seem to find the time.
What Securing Mi Financial Future Brings You:
- Three informative presentations.
- Flash drive containing two helpful financial toolkits covering over 50 topics.
- An overview of the helpful resources available to you from the Michigan Department of Insurance and Financial Services (DIFS).
- The popular and highly-interactive one-on-one QuickCheck (non-commercial):
- Raises your awareness on 25 key financial vitals.
- Alerts you to potential financial risks, gaps and shortfalls that could have negative consequences for you and/or your family.
- Alerts you to financial opportunities, strategies and benefits you may not be taking advantage of.
- Helps you identify your "top 3 action items" with a specially-trained facilitator.
- Directs you to specific toolkit and DIFS website resources to help you improve your “vitals” and address your “action items."
- Fosters the focus and motivation you need to make decisions and take action.
- Offers follow-up help (optional).
Everything is provided at no cost and without any sales pitches!
Who Should Attend?
All age groups, knowledge levels and financial situations can benefit.
- Reinventing Mi Retirement Financial Toolkit
- Building Mi Financial Future Toolkit
- Financial Video Series
- Future Events Details
- IRA and 401(k) Overview
- Identity Theft
- Managing Student Loans
- Paying off Credit Cards
- Financial Services Advisors
- Resources for Veterans
- Credit Reports and Scores
- Emergency Financial Resources