Awareness + Resources + Informed Decisions = Financial Well-being
Thursday, August 24, at the Cadillac Place, 3044 W Grand Blvd, Detroit, MI 48202.
The 2017 Securing Mi Financial Future initiative is bringing to Michigan consumers a high-impact and awareness-raising lunchtime workshop filled with key ways to improve and protect their financial well-being.
Quick-Paced, 90-Minute Format! Securing Mi Financial Future is perfect for busy, time-pressed individuals who know they need to do more, but never seem to find the time.
What Securing Mi Financial Future Brings You:
- Four informative presentations.
- Flash drive containing two helpful financial toolkits covering over 50 topics.
- An overview of the helpful resources available to you from the Michigan Department of Insurance and Financial Services (DIFS).
- The popular and highly-interactive one-on-one QuickCheck (non-commercial):
- Raises your awareness on 25 key financial vitals.
- Alerts you to potential financial risks, gaps and shortfalls that could have negative consequences for you and/or your family.
- Alerts you to financial opportunities, strategies and benefits you may not be taking advantage of.
- Helps you identify your "top 3 action items" with a specially-trained facilitator.
- Directs you to specific toolkit and DIFS website resources to help you improve your “vitals” and address your “action items."
- Fosters the focus and motivation you need to make decisions and take action.
- Offers follow-up help (optional).
Everything is provided at no cost and without any sales pitches!
Who Should Attend?
All age groups, knowledge levels and financial situations can benefit.
Join us for presentations from 11:30 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. or come as early as 10:30 a.m. for a “QuickCheck” (“QuickChecks” will be running concurrently with presentations). For more information, please follow us on Twitter or “Like” us on Facebook.
- Reinventing Mi Retirement Financial Toolkit
- Building Mi Financial Future Toolkit
- Financial Video Series
- Future Events Details
- IRA and 401(k) Overview
- Identity Theft
- Managing Student Loans
- Paying off Credit Cards
- Financial Services Advisors
- Resources for Veterans
- Credit Reports and Scores
- Emergency Financial Resources