For most people, the word “money” conjures up very specific thoughts and feelings - some good, and some, perhaps, not-so-good. What is your relationship with money?
Developed to serve you and all Michigan residents, the Building Mi Financial Future program was created to address your financial questions. We believe you will find this guide and these resources useful as you plan for a secure financial future.
To request your free copy of the toolkit, please call the Department of Insurance and Financial Services (DIFS) at 877-999-6442 or in writing to 530 W. Allegan Street, 7th Floor, Lansing, MI 48933.
- Trends in Banking
- Credit Reports and Credit Scores
- Ways to Pay Off Credit Card Debt
- Managing Student Loans
- Qualifying for a Mortgage
- Protecting Your Identity in a High-Tech World
- Getting Married? Tips on Combining Finances
- Planning for Your Child's College Education
- Financial Advisors: An Overview
- Building Your Net Worth
- The Health Insurance Mandate: Get Covered or Pay a Penalty
- Life Insurance: Who's Depending on You?
- Long-Term Care Insurance: Is it Right for You?
- Planning for Retirement
Interactive Online Learning
- Assessing Whether to File Bankruptcy
- Avoiding Consumer Scams & Rip-offs
- Avoiding Deceptive Credit Practices
- Avoiding Deceptive Investment Sales Practices
- Buying or Leasing a Vehicle
- Cash or Credit
- Comparing Financial Products
- Comparing Retirement Plans
- Managing Debt Problems
- Monitor Your Financial Health
- Setting SMART Goals
- The Big Dream - Financial Simulation Game