- Youth In Transition
Youth in Transition, (Michigan's name for Chafee ) is a funding source available to cover expenses NOT covered by other government or community resources, or to augment or supplement services from other funding sources
Tip: Check your paycheck to make sure the number of hours you work and the amount paid are correct.
- Here's an online course to help you learn about budgeting, saving, credit & investing
- Figure out your household budget Mapping Your Future offers several calculators to assist you as you manage your unique financial situation.
- Your Credit People start their financial lives with the best of intentions. As life goes on most of us find unexpected bumps in the road - a car repair, an unexpected injury, or the loss of a job to name a few. In spite of what happens you must never forget that your credit rating is what makes many things in life possible. As hard as it may seem, you must retain good credit standing.
- Establish and protect your credit
Good credit is valuable. Having the ability to borrow funds allows us to buy things we would otherwise have to save for years to afford: homes, cars, a college education.
- Your Credit Report
Banks, retailers, or finance companies will not grant you credit without knowing something about you. They rely on credit reports, so it's important for you to know what is in yours.
- Deciding on a credit card? Read this. Shopping around for a credit card can save you money on interest and fees.
- Small Steps To Reduce Credit Card Debt
- Fifteen must-know tips for protecting your identity There are plenty of people who'd love to be plain-old you, and they'll go to great lengths to get their hands on your identity.
- Michigan State Police Identity Theft Services If you are an identity theft victim, you can get form letters here to send to your bank and accounts to notify them of your situation.
- Ten Steps...What To Do When You Can't Pay Your Bills What can you do if you're having difficulty paying your bills? Here are a few suggestions.
- Bankruptcy - Michigan Frequently Asked Questions What can I keep? Is there anything else I can do? How do I file?
- Have Questions About Taxes? Learn in a fun and interactive way, why we have taxes and how to apply them.
- Free on-line federal tax forms & filing
- Try e-file, Michigan's online tax system, to do your state taxes
- Earned Income Tax Credit Give your paycheck a boost!
- Free tax preparation sites in Michigan