close print view
Wage & Hour Division
• What wage, hour or fringe benefit posters are required to be posted at our business?
• What is the Michigan Minimum Wage?
• Enforcement of Youth Employment Standards Act moves to the Michigan Department of Education
• If an employee punches in late, can the employer dock their pay to the next quarter hour?
• My cash drawer came up short, my supervisor makes me pay for it, is this legal?
• Can an employer withhold wages for disciplinary action?
• Can my employer pay me 'Comp Time' instead of paying me overtime?
• Do I have to work 40 hours to be considered a full-time employee?
• I have been told by my employer that I will have to use a week of vacation time for a planned summer shutdown, can my employer make me use my vacation time for this?
• Are employees required by law to have a meal or break period?
• Your Employer's Bankruptcy: How Will It Affect Your Employee Benefits?
• I work in a restaurant, when a patron walks out without paying for their meal my supervisor makes me pay for it, is this legal?
• I broke a piece of inventory, my supervisor makes me pay for it, is this legal?
• My employer provided a retirement plan (401k, pension, etc.) as a benefit, I was let go from my job, is there anything I can do to claim that money?
• My employer deducts premiums for health insurance from my paycheck, how can I find out if the premiums are being paid to the health insurance provider?
• My employer deducts premiums for health insurance from my paycheck, my insurance provider has informed me that my premium has not been paid, who do I contact?
• Can my employer withhold my paycheck from me?
• Can my employer change my rate of pay?
• What deductions from my paycheck are considered legal?
• Is there a law that I get paid double time or triple time when I work a holiday?
• Can my employer make overtime mandatory?
• Is there a limit on the number of hours I can be scheduled to work in a week?
• Does my employer have to pay me for training time?
• I had unused vacation time when I left my employer, can I receive payment for this time?
• I had unused sick time when I left my employer, can I receive payment for this time?
• When does my last paycheck have to be paid to me?