close print view
Wage & Hour Division
• If my pay period starts prior to September 1, 2014 and ends sometime after September 1, 2014, is my employer required to pay me the new minimum wage rate for the entire pay period?
• What wage, hour or fringe benefit posters are required to be posted at our business?
• What is the Michigan Minimum Wage?
• Enforcement of Youth Employment Standards Act moves to the Michigan Department of Education
• If an employee punches in late, can the employer dock their pay to the next quarter hour?
• My cash drawer came up short, my supervisor makes me pay for it, is this legal?
• Can an employer withhold wages for disciplinary action?
• Can my employer pay me 'Comp Time' instead of paying me overtime?
• Do I have to work 40 hours to be considered a full-time employee?
• I have been told by my employer that I will have to use a week of vacation time for a planned summer shutdown, can my employer make me use my vacation time for this?
• Your Employer's Bankruptcy: How Will It Affect Your Employee Benefits?
• Are employees required by law to have a meal or break period?
• I work in a restaurant, when a patron walks out without paying for their meal my supervisor makes me pay for it, is this legal?
• I broke a piece of inventory, my supervisor makes me pay for it, is this legal?
• My employer provided a retirement plan (401k, pension, etc.) as a benefit, I was let go from my job, is there anything I can do to claim that money?
• My employer deducts premiums for health insurance from my paycheck, how can I find out if the premiums are being paid to the health insurance provider?
• My employer deducts premiums for health insurance from my paycheck, my insurance provider has informed me that my premium has not been paid, who do I contact?
• Can my employer withhold my paycheck from me?
• Can my employer change my rate of pay?
• What deductions from my paycheck are considered legal?
• Is there a law that I get paid double time or triple time when I work a holiday?
• Can my employer make overtime mandatory?
• Is there a limit on the number of hours I can be scheduled to work in a week?
• Does my employer have to pay me for training time?
• I had unused vacation time when I left my employer, can I receive payment for this time?
• I had unused sick time when I left my employer, can I receive payment for this time?
• When does my last paycheck have to be paid to me?