- Michigan's Childhood Lead Poisoning Prevention Program
MDHHS’s Childhood Lead Poisoning Prevention Program (CLPPP) provides a coordinated approach to the prevention of childhood lead poisoning. CLPPP’s functions include:
- Maintaining the laboratory-based blood lead reporting and surveillance system;
- Analyzing blood lead surveillance data to identify trends and risk factors for elevated blood lead;
- Collaborating with partners to provide technical consultations and education ;
- Overseeing funding to Local Health Departments for case management of elevated blood lead levels.
CLPPP works with the Lead Safe Home Program at MDHHS to ensure that families of children with elevated blood lead levels are linked to home lead abatement services. See: www.michigan.gov/leadsafe.
TIPS for Lead Poisoning Prevention and Reducing Exposure Risks