To view page in large print, click A+ above.
The Substance Abuse Prevention and Treatment Section of OROSC provides leadership and support for quality substance abuse and communicable disease prevention services for the citizens of Michigan through: effective planning, development, and delivery of systems; application of current research and technology; ongoing needs assessment and data collection; continuing collaboration and coordination with other entities providing prevention services; and provision of Quality Improvement (QI) and Quality Assurance (QA) initiatives.
- "Do Your Part" to Prevent Underage Drinking The "www.michigan.gov/doyourpart" webpage features five new public service announcements, highlighting individuals who share how they are doing their part to prevent underage drinking, and inviting other adults to "Do Your Part."
- Strategic Prevention Framework Partnerships for Success II (SPF-PFS II) Project This project addresses two of the nation's top substance abuse prevention priorities: 1) underage drinking among persons ages 12 to 20, and 2) prescription drug misuse and abuse among persons ages 12 to 25.
- State Prevention Enhancement (SPE) Project This project targets 1) improving mental and physical health, 2) reducing underage and adult problem drinking, 3) preventing prescription drug abuse, and 4) preventing suicide, through the development of an enhanced prevention infrastructure.
- State Epidemiological Outcomes Workgroup (SEOW) Learn about workgroup activities to expand, enhance, and integrate the substance use disorder needs assessment, and develop the capacity to address mental, emotional, and behavioral conditions.
- Strategic Prevention Framework, State Incentive Grant (SPF/SIG) Learn about grant activities to meet federal goals related to preventing and reducing substance abuse, including childhood and underage drinking, and reducing substance abuse related problems in communities.
- Youth Access to Tobacco and Synar Learn about policies, survey protocols, education, and legislation to reduce underage tobacco use.
- Prescription and Over-The-Counter Drug Abuse Information about prescription and over-the-counter drug abuse.
- Binge Drinking - Campus Alcohol Use College/University policies & programs, online blood alcohol content estimator, how to cut down on your drinking, facts and resources.
- Communicable Diseases Learn the relationship between communicable diseases (HIV/AIDS, STDs, TB, hepatitis and others) and substance use, abuse, and dependency; and about prevention efforts.
- Parenting Awareness Check this out for valuable resources on parenting.
- Reduce Underage Drinking Learn about the Michigan Coalition to Reduce Underage Drinking (MCRUD).
- Policy & Technical Advisory Manual Click on above link to view all our policies and technical advisories.
Click a link below for prevention related information.
- Transforming Cultural and Linguistic Theory into Action: A Toolkit for Communities, February 2012
- Guidance Document: Selecting, Planning, and Implementing Evidence-Based Interventions for the Prevention of Substance Use Disorders, January 2012
- What is an Evidence-Based Intervention (EBI)? March 2013, Prevention Network
- Michigan Epidemiological Profile, April 2011
- Strategic Prevention Framework (SPF) - A Guide for Michigan Communities, September 2010
- Blueprint for the Delivery of Alcohol and Drug Prevention and Treatment
- Resource Materials about Substance Abuse & Youth Tobacco Prevention, Drug Fact Sheets
- Center for Substance Abuse Prevention (CSAP) Prevention Online Courses
- SAMHSA'S National Registry of Evidence-Based Programs & Practices (NREPP)
Click a link below to access a directory of service providers.
|For more Substance Abuse Prevention information, see also:|
|Related Legislation||Links||Reports, Statistics|