- How Can This Site Help? This site has links to other web pages with information and phone numbers for places with low cost or free health care, or help with health insurance.
For example, if you are looking for a doctor or clinic that will help you even though you don't have insurance, look in the box that says: "What Type of Health Care Help Do You Need?" at the top. Then click on the link that says: "Free or Low Cost Care from a Doctor or Nurse."
If you need health insurance, look in the box that says: "Do You Need Help Finding Health Insurance?" at the top. Click on the links in that box to find out what help might be available to you.
Many links on this page help you find resources in your county or close to your address. If you cannot find the help you need here, please contact Mary Anne Tribble at 517-241-7185, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you find a link that doesn't work, please contact the Health Planning and Access to Care Section at HPAC@michigan.gov.
- Free or Low Cost Primary Care from a Doctor or Nurse This section has information on primary care clinics that will help people with low income or no health insurance.
- Free or Low Cost Mental Health Care This section can help you contact your local Community Mental Health Agency and other places offering mental health care.
- Free or Low Cost Care from a Dentist This section has information on how to find a dentist that treats low income people, elderly people, or people with special needs.
- Free or Low Cost Prescription Medication This section has information on low cost prescription drugs.
- Free or Low Cost Testing and Treatment for Sexually-Transmitted Infections This section can help you locate your local health department or other clinics with free or low cost testing and treatment for sexually-transmitted infections (STIs).
- Free or Low Cost Family Planning Services This section has information on family planning services and clinic locations.
- Free or Low Cost Testing and Treatment for Breast or Cervical Cancer This section can help low income women get tests or treatment for breast or cervical cancer
- Help with a Chronic Disease This section has links to information on managing chronic diseases like diabetes or heart disease.
- Hospital or Emergency Care This section can help you find a hospital near you.
- Help with Substance Abuse or Problem Gambling This site offers information on how to get help with substance abuse or gambling problems.
- Other Sources for Help with Health Care This section has links that may help if you can't find your answer above.
Finding Health Insurance?
- Children's Special Health Care Services
- Women, Infants, & Children (WIC)
- Public Health Administration
- Family Planning Services
- MDCH - Oral Health
- Mental Health and Substance Abuse Administration
- DLEG - Office of Financial and Insurance Regulation
- Department of Human Services
- Assistance Programs in Michigan