HIV/STD/Hepatitis in Michigan
Welcome to Michigan's HIV/STD/Viral Hepatitis website. Within these pages, you will find information on the public health aspects of the following conditions/infections:
- HIV and AIDS;
- Hepatitis A, B and C;
- Chlamydia; and
- Human Papillomavirus (HPV).
Topics such as prevention and care, surveillance and statistics, counseling and testing, and HIV related laws, as well as other links, are available. You will also find information on training opportunities within the State of Michigan and MDCH's policies for ensuring the security of its data.
I Will Survive HIV is a free, Web-based tool offered by the State of Michigan. Use it to find:
- free, confidential HIV testing sites in Michigan;
- medical and non-medical case managers who are experts on local HIV services and can help you find solutions; nearby medical clinics that treat HIV patients, whether or not they have healthcare coverage; and
- resources that help qualified patients pay for HIV meds.
Comprehensive information on MDCH HIV/AIDS information including statistics, special reports, HIV-related laws, case report forms, brochures, consent forms, the Important Health Information booklet, prevention programs, ADAP and other care programs including links to other pages such as MALPH, CDC, and NIH treatment guidelines.
Sexually Transmitted Disease (STD)
Information on Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs), including gonorrhea, syphilis, chlamydia, hepatitis B and HPV.
Information about viral hepatitis, an infection that affects the liver.
Data Security and Confidentiality
HIPAA guidelines, MDCH record retention policy, and a link to the CDC's HIV Surveillance Confidentiality and Security Guidelines.
Interactive training for HIV and STD service providers.
HIV Care Coordination Request for Proposals
- HIV Care Coordination RFP 2014
- Exhibit A: Budget Tool (Revised 09/30/14)
- Exhibit B: Standard Agreement Language
- Exhibit C: Reporting Requirements
- Technical Assistance Conference Call Agenda
- Frequently Asked Questions (Revised 10/15/14)