- Help for Lead Safe Homes Do you live in an old home and have old windows or peeling paint? If so, we can help!
The Lead Safe Home Program offers lead testing and lead hazard control services to qualifying families through grants. Call us or download the application packet to learn more!
You may qualify if you:
- Have a child under 6 or a pregnant female living in the home
- Are a low-to-moderate income family
- Live in a home built before 1978
- Live in the counties of Bay, Calhoun, Hillsdale, Ingham, Jackson, Kalamazoo, Macomb, Oakland, or the city of Detroit, OR elsewhere if your child has a lead level of 5 or above
- Own or rent the home
Begin the process with the Lead Safe Home Program application (PDF).
Share the Lead Safe Home Program interest flyer (PDF) with your friends and family.
Contractors can apply to be a LSHP vendor. Download an application here.
Contact us with questions at (866) 691-5323 (toll-free).
For City of Detroit Residents
Home Repair Program - Entry Form
Filling out this entry form will place you on a list of potential clients to receive a CDBG home repair grant. Please email the completed form to HRP@detroitmi.gov. For questions, please contact us at (313) 224-3461.