Services for Seniors
• MI Choice Waiver Renewal Application The MI Choice program furnishes an array of home and community-based services to assist aged and disabled Medicaid beneficiaries to live in the community who would otherwise be institutionalized in a nursing facility. This amendment would allow MI Choice services to be provided in a licensed settings and has a proposed effective date of July 1, 2009.
• Michigan's Long Term Care Portal
• Choices for older or disabled persons who may need help caring for themselves. You or a family member may need help to stay at home.
Nursing homes used to be the only choice for older or disabled persons who needed help
caring for themselves. Today you may have more choices. One
potential option is the MI Choice Waiver Program.
• Nursing Home Eligibility Click here for a brochure about getting Medicaid coverage for persons who expect to be in a nursing home for at least 30 consecutive days.
• Medicare Savings Programs Click here for information about programs that can save hundreds of dollars in Medicare expenses each year for people who qualify.