The Michigan Merit Examination (MME) assesses students in grade 11 and eligible students in grade 12 based on Michigan high school standards. It is administered each March, and consists of three components:
- ACT Plus Writing® college entrance examination
- WorkKeys® job skills assessments in reading, mathematics, and "locating information"
- Michigan-developed assessments in mathematics, science, and social studies
- Addition of ACT Scores to Qualify for Dual Enrollment October 23, 2007
- Michigan Merit Examination and State Aid