Healthy kids make better students. Better students make healthier communities. Health education is a component of Coordinated School Health and Safety Programs. This unit provides leadership, guidance and support to local and intermediate school districts on comprehensive school health issues.
Curriculum Contact: Health Consultant, Mary Teachout at (517) 335-1730.
- Model Policy on Quality Physical Education and Physical Activity in Schools - Approved November 20, 2012
- Health Teacher - Guest Presenter Policy
- Tobacco-Free Schools for Michigan Youth: A Planning Guide
- Michigan Model Correlation Documents
- Approved Revised Michigan Merit High School Credit Guidelines for Physical Education, Companion Documents, and PowerPoints.
- K-8 Grade Level Content Expectations for Health Education
- Model Local Wellness Policy Adopted October 11, 2005
- Michigan Law Regarding Health Education
- Policy on Coordinated School Health Programs to Support Academic Achievement and Healthy Schools
- Chase Edwards Law
- Coordinated School Health and Safety Programs Policies Brochure Michigan State Board of Education Approved Policies: 2000-2006
- Policy on Offering Healthy Food and Beverages In Venues Outside of the Federally Regulated Child Nutrition Programs
- 24/7 Tobacco-Free Schools, Policy On
- Policy on the Management of Asthma in Schools
- Fully Qualified Teachers of Health
- Policy on Comprehensive School Health Education
- Policy on Quality Character Education
- Resources on Policy to Promote Health and Prevent Disease and Pregnancy