High School Assessments
The Michigan Merit Examination (MME) assesses students in grade 11 and eligible students in grade 12 based on Michigan high school standards. It is administered each spring, and consists of three components:
- College Board SAT
- WorkKeys® job skills assessments in reading, mathematics, and "locating information"
- Michigan-developed Science and Social Studies M-STEP
Students in grade 9 and 10 take the PSAT 8/9 (grade 9 only) and PSAT 10 as part of high school state assessments.
- College Board List of Important Dates
- ACT/SAT High School File Change
- What to Know About College Board Accommodations for Spring SAT in Michigan
- SAT and PSAT Spring 2017 Implementation Workshop Powerpoint
- SAT and PSAT Accommodations Matrix
- K-12 Educator Brief, The College and Career Readiness Benchmarks for the SAT Suite of Assessments
- Rosters for Administering SAT with Accommodations
- Planning for Test Day, SAT Extended Time
- Getting Prepared for College Board Assessments
- College Board - Michigan Website
- College Board Michigan-specific webpage for the statewide Spring 2016 PSAT and SAT.
- Who Must/Can Take the MME?
- 2016/2017 Guide to State Assessments
- Spring 2017 Summative Testing Schedule
- Spring 2017 - Spring 2019 Statewide Summative Assessments Calendar
- High School Grade Assignment for Accountability Calculations FAQ
- Michigan Merit Examination and State Aid
- Every Student Succeeds ACT (ESSA)
- Spotlight Newsletter
- Braille Assessment plan
- Testing Policy for Recently Arrived, First Year English-Learner Students Spring 2016
- Student Supports and Accommodations Table, M-STEP, MI-Access, SAT, WorkKeys and WIDA
- Companion Document for Supports and Accommodations
- Supports and Accommodations Guidance Document for M-STEP, MI-Access, and WIDA
- Tracking Sheet for Supports and Accommodations, M-STEP, MI-Access and WIDA
- Recommended Qualifications and Guidelines for Use of Translators and Language Interpreters for the M-STEP and MI-Access Assessments
- Scribing Protocol, M-STEP, MI-Access, SAT, and WIDA
- Word-to-Word Bilingual Dictionary Guidance, M-STEP and MI-Access
- The College and Career Readiness Benchmarks for SAT Suite of Assessments
- K-12 Educator Brief: Concordance - College Board
Concordance is a proven way to compare scores from different assessments.
- M-STEP and MME Performance Level (PL) Descriptors
- Spring 2016 WorkKeys Student Data File Layout
- Spring 2016 SAT Student Data File Layout
- Spring 2016 MME Guide to Reports
- PSAT 10, Understanding Scores 2016
- SAT Suite of Assessments - Score Reporting
- SAT, Understanding Scores 2016
- My Score Reports - Student SAT Reporting Portal
- PSAT 8/9, Understanding Scores Spring 2016
- M-STEP/MME Parent Report Video
This video provides an easy to understand summary of the Michigan Student Test of Educational Progress (M-STEP) assessment and walks viewers through how to read and interpret student scores within the M-STEP and Michigan Merit Exam Parent Reports.
- MME - How to Read Your Child's Score Report for Grade 11
- ACT WorkKeys National Career Certificate (NCRC)
- SAT Free Practice and Personalized Study
At Khan Academy, you can access thousands of questions approved by the College Board, take four official SAT practice tests, and create personalized study plans based on your results.