About Teacher Certification
- Facts On Educator Certification In Michigan This document provides a comprehensive summary of all certificate types and requirements. Instructions are included for the application process. In-state and out-of-state candidates should review this document prior to submitting an application. Updated 12/16/2014.
- Facts about Teacher Permits All permits, including substitute permits, are applied for by school districts, or their agents. Individuals CAN NOT apply for permits.
- Certification Frequently Asked Questions
- Decision Tree Tool for Professional Certification Renewals
- Educator Certification Verification Search to verify status of Michigan Teacher Certificate and/or valid permits (expired permits do not appear in search results).
- District Provided Professional Development Documentation Required for the Renewal of the Professional and Occupational Certificates
- Secure Central Registry (SCR) Log-in at www.Getmipd.com
- State Continuing Education Clock Hours (SCECH) and Secure Central Registry (SCR)
- Teaching in Taiwan Program and Chinese Language Teacher Exchange
- NCLB & Highly Qualified Information
- National Board for Professional Teaching Standards and National Board Certification
- Troops to Teachers
Referral Assistance and Placement Services to military personnel interested in beginning a second career in public education as a teacher.
- Appropriate Assignments for Elementary Certified Teachers
- Quick Reference: Courses That Can Be Taught Updated 12/17/2014.
- CIP Program Endorsements for CTE Instruction Updated 01/30/2015.
- CTE Teacher Certification FAQs Updated 09/10/2013.
- Annual Occupational Authorization Process for State Approved CTE Programs
- First Aid and CPR Requirements for the Initial Certification of Michigan Teachers
- Certification Requirements for 50 States
- Approved Reading Diagnostic Courses MDE approved courses listed by EPI which fulfill the PA32 requirement. Updated 05/11/2015.
- Diagnosis and Remediation of Reading Course Verification Form Caution is advised to applicants seeking to fulfill this requirement through out-of-state institutions as many courses do not meet the requirements under Michigan law, or the out-of-state institution may not be able to complete the verification form assuring compliance. Updated 09/04/2014.
- Approved Educator Preparation Programs and Specialty Areas
Searchable database of Michigan approved traditional and alternate route teacher programs, and administrator programs.
- Approved Providers of Courses for First Aid and CPR
- Clarification of Administrator Certification for Assistant Superintendents
- Middle States Commission on Higher Education
New England Association of Schools and Colleges
North Central Association of Colleges and Schools
Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities
Southern Association of Colleges and Schools
Western Association of Schools and Colleges
Search for Institutions at National Center for Education Statistics
Satisfactory college semester credit hours are those earning a grade of C or better, or the equivalent.
- Professional Readiness Examination Questions and Answers
- Frequently Asked Questions for MTTC Testing Review this essential information before registering for tests.
- Visit the testing website at www.mttc.nesinc.com.
- Questions regarding Teacher Candidate Testing POLICIES may be directed to
Dr. Steven Stegink, by email SteginkS@michigan.gov.
- PRE Alternate Passing Score Intake Tool
- Instructions for the PRE Alternate Passing Score Intake Tool
- MTTC Test Development Schematic and Narrative
- MTTC Technical Report Oct 2013-Sept 2014
- MTTC Technical Report Appendices Oct 2013-Sept 2014
- MTTC Technical Report Oct 2012-Sept 2013
- MTTC Technical Report Appendices Oct 2012-Sept 2013
- MTTC Annual Legislative Report 2013-2014
- MTTC Annual Legislative Report 2012-2013