- Certification Guidance Documents
- State Continuing Education Clock Hours (SCECH)
- Teaching in Taiwan Program and Chinese Language Teacher Exchange
- NCLB & Highly Qualified Information
- National Board for Professional Teaching Standards and National Board Certification
- Troops to Teachers
Referral Assistance and Placement Services to military personnel interested in beginning a second career in public education as a teacher.
- Facts About Michigan Permits
- Appropriate Assignments for Elementary Certified Teachers
- Quick Reference: Courses That Can Be Taught
- District Provided Professional Development Documentation Required for the Renewal of the Professional and Occupational Certificates
- CIP Program Endorsements for CTE Instruction
- CTE Teacher Certification FAQs Updated 09/10/2013.
- First Aid and CPR Requirements for the Initial Certification of Michigan Teachers
- Approved Reading Diagnostic Courses
MDE approved courses listed by EPI which fulfill the PA32 requirement. Updated 2/08/2017.
- Diagnosis and Remediation of Reading Course Verification Form Caution is advised to applicants seeking to fulfill this requirement through out-of-state institutions as many courses do not meet the requirements under Michigan law, or the out-of-state institution may not be able to complete the verification form assuring compliance. Updated 09/04/2014.
- Approved Educator Preparation Programs and Specialty Areas
Searchable database of Michigan approved traditional and alternate route teacher programs, and administrator programs.
- Approved Providers of Courses for First Aid and CPR
Middle States Commission on Higher Education
New England Association of Schools and Colleges
North Central Association of Colleges and Schools
Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities
Southern Association of Colleges and Schools
Western Association of Schools and Colleges
Search for Institutions at National Center for Education Statistics
Satisfactory college semester credit hours are those earning a grade of C or better, or the equivalent.
- Frequently Asked Questions for MTTC Testing
Review this essential information before registering for tests.
- Visit the testing website at www.mttc.nesinc.com.
- MTTC Technical Report 2014-2015
- MTTC Technical Report: Appendices 2014-2015
- Questions regarding Teacher Candidate Testing POLICIES may be directed to
Dr. Steven Stegink, by email SteginkS@michigan.gov.
- User Guide 1 Table Of Students With Alternate Scores
- User Guide 2 Entering In Alternate Scores
- User Guide 3 Entering In -1 SEM