Special Education Personnel Approval System
The Michigan Department of Education, Office of Special Education (MDE, OSE) has created a new Special Education Personnel Approvals System available through the Michigan Online Educator Certification System (MOECS). To submit a special education personnel approval request, select the MOECS link under Approvals Online System below.
A Special Education Personnel Approval may be granted in accordance with the procedures, policies, and criteria established by the MDE, OSE. To access procedures to assist you in processing approval requests through the MOECS, choose the appropriate link under Procedures below. Policy and criteria documents for each approval area are being created and will be posted as soon as they are available. Please check back regularly for updated documents.
For more information on the rules pertaining to the specific areas that an approval may be granted, see the Michigan Administrative Rules for Special Education (MARSE).
For more information, contact:
- Michigan Online Educator Certification System (MOECS)
- Special Education Personnel Approvals Process Video
This video provides a demonstration of the process for submitting Special Education Personnel Approvals through the Michigan Online Educator Certification System (MOECS).
- Special Education Personnel Approvals Search
- Teacher Preparation Institution Security Agreement Form to Access Approvals
- School District Security Agreement Form to Access Approvals
- Public School Academy Security Agreement form to Access Approvals
- Credentialing Agencies for Special Education Related Personnel List of personnel that provide related services to students with disabilities requiring state licensing or national certification. Includes the applicable agency contact information.
- Institutions of Higher Education (February 2013)
- School Social Work Institutions of Higher Education Approvals Contacts (Dec. 2011)
- Intermediate School District (July 2014)
- Michigan Department of Education