School Breakfast Program
The School Breakfast Program (SBP) provides cash assistance to States to operate nonprofit breakfast programs in schools and residential childcare institutions. It provides nutritious, low cost or free breakfasts to school age children in public and private schools, public school academies, and residential child care institutions throughout Michigan.
The MDE School Nutrition Programs (SNP) team is updating its webpages to be ADA-compliant. Thank you for your patience as SNP documents are being made compliant. In the meantime, if you would like an electronic version of one of the documents listed below, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
School Breakfast Program Information
Breakfast Meal Pattern Information
- Meal pattern document available upon request
Breakfast Program Additional Information
School Breakfast Resources
Breakfast Signage Samples
- Samples are being updated; please contact email@example.com.
Success Stories– sharing success stories is one of the best ways to inform others of what you’re doing in your school. Click on the links below to read about successful school breakfast programs or to post a success story of your own!
- Michigan Healthy School Success Story Website Go to “Review School Success Stories.” Click on “Healthy Eating Success” and then “School Breakfast.”
Websites – click on the links below to learn more about school breakfast efforts around the country
- Boost Breakfast Michigan
- Got Breakfast
- National Association of Elementary School Principals
- National Food Service Management Institute School Breakfast Best Practice Guide
- No Kid Hungry School Breakfast
- Partners for Breakfast in the Classroom
- USDA Energize Your Day With School Breakfast Program Toolkit
- Wisconsin School Breakfast Resources