The Michigan State Legislature passed Public Act 160 of 1996, the Postsecondary Enrollment Options Act and Public Act 258 of 2000, the Career and Technical Preparation Act also known as the "Dual Enrollment" bills. These bills modify and expand on provisions of the State School Aid Act providing for students to earn college credit while in high school. The bills also require that the board of a school district or public school academy ensure that each student in eighth grade or higher be given information about college course taking opportunities. The classes that students are eligible for must not be offered by the high school or academy and must lead towards postsecondary credit, accreditation, certification and/or licensing.
MDE Dual Enrollment Contacts:
Eric Lipinski - email@example.com - 517-241-6895 (Programmatic Questions/Issues)
Christopher May - firstname.lastname@example.org - 517-335-1263 (Financial Questions/Issues)
The contacts above are able to assist with all topics related to Dual Enrollment, but their primary focus is on the areas in parentheses.
- Dual Enrollment FAQ - Updated August 2017
- 2017-18 Nonpublic Dual Enrollment Billing Form
- 2017-18 Dual Enrollment Calculation Worksheet
- Qualifying Scores for Dual Enrollment
- Advanced Placement and Dual Enrollment
- Postsecondary Enrollment Options Act
- Sample Postsecondary Eligibility Letter
- Career and Technical Preparation Act