Michigan Combined Application Project (MiCAP)

What is MiCAP? 

MiCAP provides food benefits to individuals who receive Supplemental Social Security Income and meet certain criteria.

How can I receive help paying for food? 

You may qualify if you:

  • Receive full SSI
  • Are at least 18 years of age
  • Reside in Michigan
  • Are not currently receiving FAP benefits
  • Meet the Social Security Administration's definition of independent living
  • Purchase and prepare separately from the others in the household.

How do I apply? 

The State of Michigan mails applications to individuals who may qualify. If when you receive the MiCAP application, you do not wish to receive food assistance benefits, simply do not return the form.

Benefits may take up to 30 days to process.

If you have questions you may call the MiCAP phone number 877-522-8050.

Phone hours are Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. to 11:45 p.m. and 1:00 p.m. to 4:15 p.m. except for state holidays or weekends.

If you lost your Bridge card, call 888-678-8914.

Bridge Card 

Related Documents
DHS PUB 0500 Michigan Combined Application Project PDF icon