Potassium Iodide, KI

potassium iodide, or KI, tablets 




The Michigan Department of Health and Human Services (MDHHS) continues to offer potassium iodide (KI) tablets to people living or working within 10 miles of Michigan's nuclear power plants through the selected pharmacies listed below. Vouchers used to obtain KI at the pharmacies are included in the annual mailings from the plants and they may also be downloaded from this site. Vouchers can also be obtained at the pharmacies listed below. Eligible individuals and businesses that do not have KI tablets are invited to get them now. Those who already have their tablets should check the expiration date on the KI box. If it has expired, go to the pharmacy to replace it. Expired KI is not considered hazardous waste and can be discarded in the trash.

For more information, send an e-mail to mdhhs-ki@michigan.gov or call MDHHS at (517) 335-8350.

 Fact Sheets

About KI  (English I Spanish I Arabic)

How to Prepare Liquid KI (English I Spanish I Arabic)

FAQs for Healthcare Providers

Why Is This Program Taking Place Now?

Participating Pharmacies





 Meijer Pharmacy  1223 Phoenix St.  South Haven, MI  map
 Meijer Pharmacy  1920 Pipestone Rd.  Benton Harbor, MI  map
 Meijer Pharmacy  5019 Red Arrow Hwy.  Stevensville, MI  map
 Meijer Pharmacy  5150 S. Franklin St.  Michigan City, IN  map
 Meijer Pharmacy  1700 Telegraph Rd.  Monroe, MI  map
 Meijer Pharmacy  22600 Allen Rd.  Woodhaven, MI  map
 Meijer Pharmacy  26100 Vreeland Rd  Flat Rock, MI  map
 Kroger Pharmacy  850 S. Monroe St.  Monroe, MI  map
 Kroger Pharmacy  3833 N. Dixie Hwy.  Monroe, MI  map
 Kroger Pharmacy  20645 Gibraltar Rd.  Brownstown, MI  map
 Kroger Pharmacy  23849 West Rd.  Brownstown Twp, MI  map

KI Voucher


If you live or work within 10 miles of one of Michigan's three nuclear power plants then  click below.  This will take you to a document that has a voucher.  Print the document and complete the voucher. Then take it to one of the participating pharmacies  to redeem it for a supply of KI.

I live or work within 10 miles of one of Michigan's three nuclear power plants.


Additional Information

Are you prepared to keep your family safe during an emergency?  Read the information about radiological emergencies from the Centers for Disease Control.

The Nuclear Regulatory Commission also has information on radiological emergencies and the use of KI.

For more information, contact the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services by calling 1-800-648-6942, send an e-mail to mdhhs-ki@michigan.gov or send mail to MDHHS-DEH, Attn: KI, PO Box 30195, Lansing, MI 48913.