Safe Sleep for Your Baby
We know that it can be tempting to bring your baby to bed with you, or let your baby sleep in a bouncy seat just so you can get some rest. But the fact is that a baby dies every three days in Michigan and these deaths are 100% preventable.
Take the time to learn how to put your baby to sleep safely each and every time. The videos and documents below will show you what’s safe and what is not.
Keep Your Baby Sleeping Safely
- Safe Sleep Steps
Protect Your Baby's Life
- Is Your Baby's Crib Safe?
Determine if your baby's crib is safe, view crib and other infant/child product recall information.
- Safe Sleep: What Every Parent Needs to know Watch this video and others to hear stories from parents who lost their babies to unsafe sleep, expert advice from professionals, and much more.
- Tips for Keeping You & Baby Calm
- Soothing a Crying Baby
- Explore a virtual room to find out what a safe sleep environment looks like.
- 10 Tips to Keep Baby Safe
- Infant Safe Sleep Poster
- Dos and Don'ts of Infant Safe Sleep Poster
- Infant Safe Sleep Brochure
- Un sueño seguro para su bebé cartel Infant Safe Sleep Poster - Spanish
- Infant Safe Sleep Brochure (Arabic)
- Video Library Hear from parents and professionals that have dealt with the loss of a baby due to unsafe sleep environments.