Help to Make Your Home and Family Lead-Safe
- Help for Lead Safe Homes
Do you live in an old home and have old windows or peeling paint? If so, we can help!
The Lead Safe Home Program offers lead testing and lead hazard control services to qualifying families through grants. Call us or download the application packet to learn more!
You may qualify if you:
- Have a child under 6 or a pregnant female living in the home
- Are a low-to-moderate income family
- Live in a home built before 1978
- Live in the counties of Genesee, Ingham, Jackson, Kalamazoo, Kent, Lenawee, Macomb, Oakland, Saginaw, or the city of Detroit OR elsewhere if your child has a lead level of 5 or above
- Own or rent the home
Begin the process by clicking on the one of the following Lead Safe Home Program applications.
Contractors can apply to be a LSHP vendor. Download an application here.
Contact us with questions at (866) 691-5323 (toll-free).
Money now available for training lead abatement workers and supervisors. Details below. Please read and return documents 2 and 3 below. No more than 4 people per company at this time.
- Lead Abatement Training Dollars Flier
- Lead Training Scholarship Application
- Lead Training Intent to Bid Letter