Child Care Fund
MDHHS provides financial reimbursement to counties for community-based programming and placement costs for youth. The annual budget of approximately $400 million is shared between the State, 83 counties and participating Native American Tribes. The cost share is 100% paid initially by the County/Tribe for foster care, institutional care, independent living, and In-Home Care programming and reimbursed by the State at 50%.
In-Home Care programs are innovative and creative community-based programs that are developed locally as an alternative to out-of-home placement. These programs are approved annually by the Child Care Fund Monitoring Unit based on program and youth eligibility. Common examples of In-Home Care programs are: Intensive Probation, Counseling, Assessments, CASA, Wraparound, Truancy Intervention, Drug Court, Non-Scheduled Payments, and Family Reunification. In-Home Care programs are utilized by youth and families in the community to prevent out-of-home placement or while the youth is in placement to reduce the overall time spent out-of-home.
The Child Care Fund Monitoring Unit approves Annual Plans and Budgets that are locally driven with emphasis on community resources, networks, and programming needs.
- CCF Fiscal Factors
- CCF Monitoring Overview
- CCF Power Point
Covers: History & Overview, Reimbursement Eligibility, Annual Plan & Budget, and Monthly Report of Expenditures
- Child Care Fund: Annual Plan & Budget (Length 11:25)
- Child Care Fund: Fiscal Factors (Length 40:05)
- Child Care Fund: History and Overview (Length 3:59)
- Child Care Fund: Monthly Report of Expenditures (Length 10:34)
- Child Care Fund: On Site Monitoring Overview (Length 25:53)
- Child Care Fund: Reimbursement Eligibility (Length 21:12)
- Child Care Fund: Review Observations (Length 14:02)
MiSACWIS Job Aids
- Delete Service Component
- Submitting a DHS-206b or 207
- CCF Budget MiSACWIS Job Aid
- Amending CCF Budgets
- How to Access Applications with Multi-Factor Authentication
- How Providers and Advocates who used Single Sign-On will Access Applications in MILogin
- MILogin FAQ
- MiSACWIS "Getting Started Guide"
- Access MiSACWIS using MILogin