Policy and Planning
- Michigan's Health Care Safety Net Providers This report offers a brief description of Michigan's health care safety net along with maps displaying the distribution of safety net providers across Michigan.
- Robert Wood Johnson Foundation, University of Wisconsin Population Health Institute - Michigan County Health Rankings The Robert Wood Johnson Foundation in collaboration with the University of Wisconsin Population Health Institute released in February 2010 the first County Health Rankings Report: Michigan 2010.
- Comparison of Michigan Critical Health Indicators & Healthy People Targets
- Critical Health Indicators The Critical Health Indicators report describes Michigan's health and well-being and establishes a method for monitoring improvement. The report is organized by 4 specific health topics and their 28 related measures or indicators. These indicators directly or indirectly measure the health and health behaviors of Michigan residents.
- Characteristics of the Uninsured and Individuals with Select Health Insurance Coverage in Michigan, Updated Annually Reports on the Uninsured and Individuals with Select Health Insurance Coverage in Michigan
- FY 2006 - FY 2008 Michigan Essential Health Provider Program: Report to the Michigan Legislature This legislative report provides program information and summary statistics on the Michigan Essential Health Provider Program, also known as the Michigan State Loan Repayment Program.
- MDCH Free Clinic Funding Program
This site offers information on the free clinic grant funding program administered by the Michigan Department of Community Health.
- Help Finding Health Care This site offers information on how to find free or low cost health care, and access to coverage.
- Michigan's Rural Health Profile The rural health profile examines the demographics of and compares health status between rural and non-rural areas in Michigan. Health status indicators include leading causes of death, chronic & communicable diseases, and behavioral risk factors. The profile also describes the types of resources available in rural areas of Michigan.
- Michigan State Rural Health Plan: MI-SORHI Report Michigan Strategic Opportunities for Rural Health Improvement (MI-SORHI) State Rural Health Plan 2008-2012 is the product of a year-long comprehensive strategic planning initiative to identify priority health issues for rural Michigan and develop a plan of action to address these priorities. For each priority area, a set of measurable goals and objectives, along with action-oriented strategies, have been developed to guide rural health improvement over the next 5 years.
- Health Professional Shortage Area (HPSA) & Medically Underserved Area/Population (MUA/P) Designations HPSA and MUA/P designations identify areas, population groups, and facilities with a severe shortage of primary health care resources. This site offers information on Michigan's HPSA and MUA/P designations.
- State Loan Repayment Program This site offers information about Michigan's State Loan Repayment Program for healthcare providers practicing in designated Health Professional Shortage Areas.
- Emergency Medical Services & Trauma Systems Section
- Community Health Assessment and Improvement 2000-2001 Community Health Assessment and Improvement Report