Child Welfare Reform
We have undertaken a massive effort to overhaul Michigan's child welfare system. The recent agreement with Children's Rights Inc. builds upon reform efforts that have been underway since 2006 and focus on the improvement of safety, permanency and well-being of children served by Michigan's child welfare system. We have committed to developing and maintaining a system which aligns itself with the priorities and requirements established and monitored by federal and state statutes and policies.
- Reform Overview
Highlights of the progress that has occurred since the onset of Consent Decree litigation in 2006.
Implementation, Sustainability, and Exit Plan, Dwayne B. v. Snyder
Child & Family Services Reviews
- Learn more and review CFSR reports. CFSRs help us improve child welfare services and achieve a variety of safety, permanency and family and child well-being outcomes for children and families who receive services.
Title IV-E Foster Care program
- Learn more and review Title IV-E reports. Regulatory reviews of the foster care program focus on whether a child meets Title IV-E eligibility requirements for foster care payments and examines cases for further Federal eligibility requirements.
Modified Settlement Agreement
- Modified Settlement Agreement & Court Order
- Non-Relative Foster Parent Licensing
- Court Hearing Transcript, June 25, 2012
- Court Hearing Transcript, March 20, 2013
- Progress at a Glance - Period 1
- Monitoring Report - Period 1
- Monitoring Report - Period 2
- Monitoring Report - Period 3
- Monitoring Report - Period 4
- Monitoring Report - Period 5
- Monitoring Report - Period 6
- Duane B - Motion to Dissolve (as filed)
- Special Review of Higher Risk Cases Quarterly Report: 1/1/11-3/31/11
- Special Review of High Risk Cases Quarterly Report: 10/1/10-12/31/10
- Child Fatality Reviews: 1/1/10-12/31/10 - Quality Assurance Report
- Special Review of Higher Risk Cases Quarterly Report: 7/1/10-9/30/10
- Special Reviews: 10/1/09-3/31/10 - Quality Assurance Report
- Child Fatality Reviews: 4/1/09-12/15/09 - Quality Assurance Report
- Child Fatality Reviews: 4/1/08-3/31/09 - Quality Assurance Report
Division of Continuous Quality Improvement
- Learn more about DCQI.
The Michigan Department of Health and Human Services (MDHHS) Division of Continuous Quality Improvement was formed in 2012 in an effort to improve the capacity of the state's child welfare system to more effectively self-monitor performance.