Forms & Publications
- Making the Decision to Become a Child's Permanent Family (DHS Pub-140) Details about adopting a child who became a permanent ward.
- Adoption Program Statement DHS Pub-255
Addresses the concentrated effort of the state agency to find homes for permanent state and court wards.
- Adoption Program Statement - DHS Pub-255-SP
- Adoption Program Statement - DHS Pub-255-AR
- Adopting a Child in Michigan (DHS Pub-823) Overview of Michigan's adoption law, the types of adoptions available in Michigan, the role of the court and other helpful information.
- Adopting a Child in Michigan - DHS Pub-823-SP
- Adopting a Child in Michigan - DHS Pub-823-AR
- Michigan's Adoption Assistance Program - DHS Pub-538
Overview of programs that provide financial assistance for eligible children.
- Michigan's Adoption Assistance Program - DHS Pub-538-SP
- Michigan's Adoption Assistance Program - DHS Pub-538-AR
- Request for Medical Assistance for An Adopted Child - DHS-1341-A
Apply for medical assistance for your adopted child.
- Adoption Medical Assistance Travel Reimbursement Log - DHS-1624
- Parent Claim for Reimbursement of Nonrecurring Adoption Expenses (DHS-4815) Apply for reimbursement of expenses related to adoption completion.
- Release Of Information (DHS Pub-439) Information about what information can be released and shared with adult adoptees.
- Release Of Information - DHS Pub-439-SP
- Release Of Information - DHS Pub-439-AR
- Adult Former Sibling Statement to Release Information to Adult Adoptee - DHS-1917
- Release of Information to Adult Adoptee by Brother/Sister as proxy for Deceased Parent (DHS-1918) Consent to release deceased parents name to adult adoptee.
- Parent's Consent/Denial to Release Information to Adult Adoptee (DHS-1919) Biological parents grant or deny consent to have their confidential information released to adult adoptee.
- Release of Information Authorization Adult Adoptee (DHS-1920) Adult adoptees can grant permission for the probate court and/or adoption agency to release their current name and address to a biological parent or sibling.
- Request by Adult Adoptee for Identifying Information (DHS-1925) Adult adoptees can request their information from their adoption record.