MDOT and its partners are working hard to keep motorists, and workers safe on Michigan roads. For your convenience, we've put information on safety-related projects and programs all in one place.
- Why Traffic Signs are Replaced It's all about SAFETY!
- Toward Zero Deaths
- Median Cable Guardrail
- Michigan Traffic Incident Management Effort (Mi-TIME)
- Access Management
- Connected Vehicles
- Intelligent Transportation Systems
- Centerline Rumble Strips Are Busy Saving Lives
- Work Zone Safety
- Safe Routes to School
- Senior Mobility Initiatives
- Local Safety Initiative: promoting safer local roads
- Rest Areas/Welcome Centers
- Operation Lifesaver
Goals and Plans