Mental health is just as important as physical health. For those coping with mental illness, there are many services on the state and local level to help.
The goal of the Mental Health and Wellness Commission is to make certain Michiganders living with mental health conditions can find a great quality of life, safety, and independence. This bipartisan commission will work to ensure that key recommendations to strengthen our mental health system become a reality.
- Assessing current public, private and non-profit services and look into how they can all work together.
- Reviewing past commission reports and analyzing their progress.
- Seeking out best practices.
- Developing metrics to measure success.
Listen to a special message from Lt. Governor Brian Calley on mental health and the recently issued Commission report.
Resources The Commission
- Lt. Governor Brian Calley (C)
- James Haveman,
DCH Director (VC)
- Sen. Bruce Caswell
- Sen. Rebekah Warren
- Rep Matt Lori
- Rep. Phil Cavanagh
A Healthier Michigan