Internet Safety - For Kids
Tips for Internet Safety:
- Tell your parents immediately if you come
across something that makes you feel uncomfortable.
- Remember that people on the Internet may not
be who they seem. Never give out identifying information such as your name,
home address, school name or telephone number in a public message, such as in
a chat room or on a bulletin board.
- People who are dangerous may represent
themselves online as a young boy or girl to entice you to a
- You should never arrange a face-to-face
meeting without first asking a parent. If a parent agrees, you should meet in
a public place with your parent accompanying you. Be careful when someone
offers you something for nothing.
- Be very careful about any offers that involve
you coming to a meeting or have someone visit your home.
- Always get to know your online friends just
as you would get to know all of your friends.
- Never send your picture without first asking a
- Never respond to messages or items that are
suggestive, obscene, belligerent, threatening or make you feel uncomfortable.
- Be sure that you are dealing with someone you
and your parents know and trust before giving out any personal information
- Diligent parental supervision will help ensure your safety on the Internet.
More Safety Resources
Kid Friendly Websites