The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
Connect With Us
Please be aware of our social media policy for participation in MSP social media environments:
The social media accounts of this department are moderated channels, meaning all comments will be reviewed for appropriate content. Since these sites are not monitored 24/7, anyone seeking emergency assistance or reporting a crime should dial 9-1-1.
Please show respect to those you are addressing when making a post or submitting a comment. The Michigan State Police reserves the right to remove user generated content or comments that contain:
- Profane or obscene language or content;
- Content that promotes or perpetuates discrimination against protected classes;
- Content intended to sexually harass others;
- Content that encourages or promotes illegal activity;
- Spam, or any content that links to external sites;
- Solicitations of commerce, or advertisements, which include promotion or endorsement of a product, service, or individual;
- Promotions of services, products, or political candidates or organizations;
- Content that violates intellectual property interests of any third party (i.e. copyright or trademark infringement);
- Content that includes sensitive personal identifying information, including, but not limited to social security numbers, financial account numbers, or driver's license numbers. For your protection, never post sensitive personal identifying information on social media!
- Information that may compromise the safety or security of the public, including public systems, and infrastructure;
- Information that may compromise the safety or security of the state, including state employees;
- Threats of violence;
- Trolling, or posting inflammatory, off-topic, or inappropriate comments or content for the purpose of upsetting other users and provoking an emotional response or disrupting on-topic discussion.
Legitimate questions and concerns related to the mission of the Michigan State Police will be answered.