Concealed Pistol Application and Instructions
- Concealed pistol application kits are provided during normal business hours by the following:
- County sheriffs
- Local police agencies
- County clerks
- Concealed pistol application kits are free of charge to individuals who wish to apply for a license to carry a concealed pistol.
- Concealed pistol application kit includes the following:
- Written procedure to obtain a concealed pistol permit
- Application form
- Written procedure to appeal and the appeal process form if denied a concealed pistol permit
- Reference numbers for current pistol safety training entities
- Applicant files their application with the county clerk in the county in which the individual resides. This must include: (1) a certificate of completion of the pistol safety training course, and (2) a passport quality photograph.
- Applicant pays a fee of $105 to the county clerk at time of filing.
- Applicant receives a receipt for payment.
- Applicant provides receipt and has fingerprints taken by sheriff department or a local law enforcement agency. However, the local agency may charge an additional $15 for the taking of the fingerprints. Some sheriff departments participate with a vendor to provide applicant finger printing. There is no additional charge for this service.
- Sheriff department or local police agency forwards fingerprints to the Michigan State Police for processing.
- Once county gun board receives the fingerprint comparison report, they will issue or deny the license within 45 days.
RI-012 Concealed Pistol License Application