Local Government Fiscal Health
This page is intended to be a one-stop shop for information pertaining to a local unit of government's fiscal health. It is designed to be a resource where both local unit government officials and citizens can find important information on local unit audits and financial emergencies.
- How a Financial Emergency Works
An explanation of how Public Act 436 of 2012, the Local Financial Stability and Choice Act, works.
- Municipalities and School Districts in Financial Emergency
Information regarding the current local units of government and/or school districts that are under receivership.
- Summary of Statutes Involving Local Units of Government
An explanation of the various statutes that pertain to local units and their fiscal activities.
- Local Unit Audit Reports
Local unit audit reports listed by year and by county.
- What to Look for In Audit Reports
Fundamentals of Understanding Governmental Audit Reports Citizen's Guide to Understanding Financial statements.
- Detroit Financial Review Commission
The Financial Review Commission (FRC) is responsible for oversight of the City of Detroit and the Detroit Public Schools Community District,
- School Fiscal Accountability Division (SFAD)
Working with Michigan schools to identify potential fiscal stress and provide technical assistance. Formerly, the Office of School Review and Fiscal Accountability (OSRFA).
- Past Financial Emergency Information