Skip to main content

How do childcare employees file for unemployment insurance

The fastest and preferred method is to file for unemployment insurance benefits online using the Michigan Web Account Manager (MiWAM) at

MiWAM is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. You must first sign in to MILogin to access or create a MiWAM account. For step by step instructions, view the MiWAM Toolkit for Claimants. You may also file by phone at 1-866-500-0017. If you are hearing impaired, TTY service is available at 1-866-366-0004.

For more information about how to file for unemployment benefits, visit