The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
Accommodating Employees During COVID-19: For Employees
The State of Michigan, in collaboration with the Small Business Association of Michigan, the Great Lakes ADA Center and the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, has developed a presentation centered on answering frequent questions from employers and employees around accommodations, personal protective equipment (PPE) and concerns related to returning to work during COVID-19.
Moderator: Robin Jones, Director, Great Lakes ADA Center
Opening Statement: Sean Egan, Deputy Director for Labor and Director of COVID Workplace Safety, Michigan Department of Labor and Economic Opportunity
- Lolita Davis, Outreach and Training Coordinator, Equal Employment Opportunity Commission
- Kim Woolridge, Director, State ADA Compliance Division, Michigan Department of Civil Rights
- Linda Watson, Bureau Relations Consultant, Michigan Rehabilitation Services, Michigan Department of Labor and Economic Opportunity
- Leah Avant, DeafBlind Vocational Counselor, Bureau of Services for Blind Persons, Michigan Department of Labor and Economic Opportunity
- Annie Urasky, Director, Division of Deaf, DeafBlind and Hard of Hearing, Michigan Department of Civil Rights
The live presentations were recorded, edited and captioned.
- Watch Day 1 of "Accommodating Employees During COVID-19" on YouTube
- Watch Day 2 of "Accommodating Employees During COVID-19" on YouTube
The following PowerPoint presentations were used during these sessions:
- Download the Day 1 PowerPoint file
- Download the Day 2 PowerPoint file
Accessibility Notice: All ADA 30 events hosted by the State of Michigan will include ASL interpreters and closed captioning services. Individuals who need a reasonable accommodation or other assistance for effective participation should contact Alayna Zerlentes (MDCR) at 313-437-7035 or ZerlentesA@Michigan.gov to make their needs known as far in advance as possible, but preferably at least 3 business days prior to the scheduled event. All reasonable efforts will be made to procure requested accommodations prior to the event, but requests may not be guaranteed.