The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
Looking for information on the current West Nile Virus or Eastern Equine Encephalitis outbreak status? Click here for the Arbovirus Weekly Outbreak Summary.
MI Disease Mapper
Search for vector-borne and zoonotic diseases reported in Michigan
Michigan Disease Mapper
The Michigan Zoonotic and Vector-Borne Disease Mapper is a tool to display information about certain illness transmitted by bugs and animals in Michigan. You can search the mapper for reported illness in people, and confirmed infections in animals. The information provided is gathered from several sources, including:
- Mosquitoes collected and tested for viruses by local agencies
- Other sick or dead wildlife collected and tested for West Nile virus and Eastern Equine Encephalitis
- Animals submitted for rabies testing at the MDHHS Bureau of Laboratories
- Tick numbers and species submitted by the public to the MDHHS Tick Identification and Testing Program
- Reported human cases of zoonotic and vector-borne disease (West Nile, Lyme disease, and others)