The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
EXECUTIVE ORDER No.2007 - 16
ABOLISHING THE COMMUNITY HEALTH ADVISORY COUNCIL
DEPARTMENT OF COMMUNITY HEALTH
WHEREAS, Section 1 of Article V of the Michigan Constitution of 1963 vests the executive power of the State of Michigan in the Governor;
WHEREAS, Section 2 of Article V of the Michigan Constitution of 1963 empowers the Governor to make changes in the organization of the executive branch of state government or in the assignment of functions among its units that the Governor considers necessary for efficient administration;
WHEREAS, there is a continuing need to reorganize functions amongst state departments to ensure efficient administration and effectiveness of government;
WHEREAS, abolishing the Community Health Advisory Council created by Governor John M. Engler in 1997 will contribute to a smaller and more efficient state government;
NOW, THEREFORE, I, Jennifer M. Granholm, Governor of the State of Michigan, by virtue of the power and authority vested in the Governor by the Michigan Constitution of 1963 and Michigan law, order the following:
As used in this Order:
- "Department of Community Health" means the principal department of state government created as the Department of Mental Health under Section 400 of the Executive Organization Act of 1965, 1965 PA 380, MCL 16.500, and renamed the "Department of Community Health" under Executive Order 1996-1, MCL 330.3101.
- "Type III transfer" means that term as defined under Section 3(c) of the Executive Organization Act of 1965, 1965 PA 380, MCL 16.103.
- TRANSFER OF AUTHORITY
- All of the authority, powers, duties, functions, records, personnel, property, unexpended balances of appropriations, allocations or other funds of the Community Health Advisory Council created under Section IV of Executive Order 1997-4, MCL 333.26324, are transferred by Type III transfer to the Department of Community Health.
- The Community Health Advisory Council is abolished.
- IMPLEMENTATION OF TRANSFERS
- The Director of the Department of Community Health shall provide executive direction and supervision for the implementation of all transfers of functions under this Order and shall make internal organizational changes as necessary to complete the transfers under this Order.
- The functions transferred under this Order shall be administered by the Director of the Department of Community Health in such ways as to promote efficient administration.
- All records, property, and unexpended balances of appropriations, allocations, and other funds used, held, employed, available, or to be made available to the Community Health Advisory Council for the activities, powers, duties, functions, and responsibilities transferred under this Order are transferred to the Department of Community Health.
- The State Budget Director shall determine and authorize the most efficient manner possible for handling financial transactions and records in the state's financial management system necessary for the implementation of this Order.
- All rules, orders, contracts, and agreements relating to the functions transferred under this Order lawfully adopted prior to the effective date of this Order shall continue to be effective until revised, amended, repealed, or rescinded.
- This Order shall not abate any suit, action, or other proceeding lawfully commenced by, against, or before any entity affected under this Order. Any suit, action, or other proceeding may be maintained by, against, or before the appropriate successor of any entity affected under this Order.
- The invalidity of any portion of this Order shall not affect the validity of the remainder of the Order, which may be given effect without any invalid portion. Any portion of this Order found invalid by a court or other entity with proper jurisdiction shall be severable from the remaining portions of this Order.
In fulfillment of the requirements under Section 2 of Article V of the Michigan Constitution of 1963, the provisions of this Order are effective July 15, 2007 at 12:01 a.m.
Given under my hand and the Great Seal of the State of Michigan this 2nd day of May, in the year of our Lord, two thousand seven.
JENNIFER M. GRANHOLM
BY THE GOVERNOR:
Secretary of State