The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
EXECUTIVE ORDER No. 2009 - 30
MICHIGAN INTELLIGENCE OPERATIONS CENTER
FOR HOMELAND SECURITY
DEPARTMENT OF STATE POLICE
WHEREAS, Section 1 of Article V of the Michigan Constitution of 1963 vests the executive power of the State of Michigan in the Governor;
WHEREAS, under section 8 of Article V of the Michigan Constitution of 1963, it is the responsibility of the Governor to take care that the laws be faithfully executed;
WHEREAS, Section 2 of Article V of the Michigan Constitution of 1963 empowers the Governor to make changes in the organization of the executive branch of state government or in the assignment of functions among its units that the Governor considers necessary for efficient administration;
WHEREAS, the Michigan Intelligence Operations Center for Homeland Security and the Advisory Board for the Michigan Intelligence Operations Center for Homeland Security were established within the Department of State Police by Executive Order 2007-47;
WHEREAS, in the interests of efficient and effective administration of state government, it is necessary to amend Executive Order 2007-47 to alter the composition of the Advisory Board for the Michigan Intelligence Operations Center for Homeland Security;
NOW, THEREFORE, I, Jennifer M. Granholm, Governor of the State of Michigan, by virtue of the power and authority vested in the Governor by the Michigan Constitution of 1963 and Michigan law, order the following:
A. Section III.B. of Executive Order 2007-47 is amended to read as follows:
"B. The Advisory Board shall consist of the following 10 members:
1. The Director of the Department of State Police.
2. The Adjutant General or his or her designee from within the Department of Military and Veterans Affairs.
3. The Director of the Department of Civil Rights or his or her designee from within the Department of Civil Rights or from the Civil Rights Commission.
4. The Director of the Department of Corrections or his or her designee from within the Department of Corrections.
5. The following members appointed by the Governor:
a. An individual representing local police departments in Michigan or the Michigan Association of Chiefs of Police.
b. An individual representing local sheriffs' departments in Michigan or the Michigan Sheriffs' Association.
c. An individual representing the office of a county prosecuting attorney or the Prosecuting Attorneys Association of Michigan.
d. Three other residents of this state."
B. Section III.C. of Executive Order 2007-47 is amended to read as follows:
"C. Members of the Advisory Board appointed or reappointed by the Governor under Section III.B.5 after December 31, 2008 shall be appointed for terms of 4 years. A vacancy caused other than by expiration of a term shall be filled by the Governor in the same manner as the original appointment for the remainder of the term."
C. Section III.I. of Executive Order 2007-47 is amended to read as follows:
"I. The Advisory Board may do all of the following:
1. Invite the participation of up to five Michigan residents representing federal homeland security or law enforcement agencies, such as the United States Department of Homeland Security, the Federal Bureau of Investigation, the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, the United States Attorney's Office for the Eastern District of Michigan, or the United States Attorney's Office for the Western District of Michigan.
2. Establish advisory workgroups composed of representatives of law enforcement agencies participating in Center activities, other law enforcement or public safety agencies, and other public participation as the Advisory Board deems necessary to assist the Advisory Board in its duties and responsibilities. The Advisory Board may adopt, reject, or modify any recommendations proposed by an advisory workgroup."
In fulfillment of the requirements under Section 2 of Article V of the Michigan Constitution of 1963, the provisions of this Order are effective July 31, 2009 at 12:01 a.m.
Given under my hand and the Great Seal of the State of Michigan this 15th day of May in the year of our Lord, two thousand nine.
JENNIFER M. GRANHOLM
BY THE GOVERNOR:
SECRETARY OF STATE