Opioid Task Force Town Halls
The Michigan Opioids Task Force is hosting a series of town halls throughout 2020. During the events, state officials will seek to learn more about how the opioid epidemic has impacted diverse communities across Michigan and discuss the state’s efforts to address the crisis. Location and logistical details will be released several weeks prior to each event. Constituents may contact MDHHS-OpioidsTaskForce@michigan.gov with questions or comments.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Michigan Opioids Task Force and Michigan Department of Health and Human Services (MDHHS) are rescheduling and changing the format of previously announced local town halls on opioids. These town halls will now be in a virtual format:
- Northern Lower Michigan (previously the Gaylord town hall), Wednesday, Sept. 23
- Flint and Thumb Region (previously the Flint town hall) Friday, Sept. 25
- Upper Peninsula (previously the Escanaba town hall) Thursday, Oct. 8
- West Michigan (previously the Grand Rapids town hall) Friday, Nov. 6
- Macomb and Oakland counties (previously the Sterling Heights town hall) Thursday, Dec. 3