- State Surplus
Ever wonder what happens to property seized by police, voluntarily surrendered at airports or no longer needed by government agencies? They become surplus! The Michigan Department of Technology, Management & Budget is charged with collecting these items and making them available to the public for purchase.
A web site for the latest surplus information can be found at http://www.michigan.gov/surplus. The MiBid online auction site is available to browse and bid 24 hours a day at http://www.michigan.gov/mibid.
Questions about the state's surplus program may be directed to the State Surplus office at 517-373-9749.
- Contact us Directly:
- Follow us on the DTMB Twitter page!
Public agencies (state agencies, counties, cities, townships, police and fire departments, public schools) and certain qualified nonprofit organizations may acquire Federal Surplus personal property through Michigan's Federal Surplus Property Program. Federal Surplus property has use requirements and restrictions. See eligibility information and regulations below.
- Use Restrictions on Federal Surplus Property
- Eligibility Information
- Eligibility Application Supplement
- Assessment of Service Charges
- New or Renewal Application for Eligibility, State of Michigan Federal Surplus Property Assistance Program DTMB-292
- Email Notification for Eligible Organizations
- Non-Discrimination Statement