Library of Michigan Spotlight
- State Librarian's Excellence Award Nomination Form The Foundation's State Librarian's Excellence Award will be awarded to a library (any type) that exemplifies excellence in customer service. The recipient library will receive a $2,000 cash prize and trophy. Two Citations of Excellence will also be presented. Nomination deadline is September 12.
- Randy Riley and Congressman John Lewis at East Lansing Public Library (ELPL)Congressman Lewis' graphic novel March: Book One was selected as East Lansing's One Book One Community read. ELPL held a reception for Congressman Lewis and State Librarian Randy Riley was among the guests, calling it a great honor to have the opportunity to shake the congressman's hand and meet a true American hero.
- Library of Michigan on the Air with WGVUListen to Library of Michigan staff discuss their areas of expertise. This month: Deb Biggs Thomas discusses the recently updated Michigan eLibrary (MeL.org).
- Summer Food Program and Summer ReadingLANSING – Thousands of books will be provided to children across Michigan this summer in an innovate partnership that combines reading and nutritious meals.
- Free Webinars for Library Staff Updated August 2014 Listing of webinars of interest to the Michigan library community. These webinars are offered at no charge by various organizations across the country. The list is updated monthly. Check for the wide variety of MeL offerings!
Upcoming Events from the Library of Michigan
Goals, Mission & Performance