Spotlight on Michigan Libraries
- Library of Michigan Dispatch Newsletter, January 2015 News as-you-need-it from the Library of Michigan. Hear from State Librarian Randy Riley about the MeL core resource RFP process, the Notable Books author tour, advocacy news from Denise Hooks, president of the co-op directors association, a millage success story from the Redford Township District Library, and more.
- Change to Rare Book Room Availability Effective February 9, 2015, access to materials from the Rare Book Collection is by appointment only. Items may be requested by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling (517) 373-1300 for use, depending on staff availability, between the hours of 10:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- Great Going Chelsea District Library! CDL has been named the 2014 Large Business Leadership Award winner by the Chelsea Area Chamber of Commerce. Congratulations to Director Bill Harmer and staff on your accomplishments. What a proud way to contribute to your community!
- Siobhan A. Reardon of the Free Library of Philadelphia (FLP): Library Journal's 2015 Librarian of the Year It's all about the community. After the same kinds of terrible cuts libraries across the country faced, Reardon regrouped and the results have been fantastic. First the library accepted that they had to change. Then they identified their five target populations and began working in neighborhoods and collaborating with community leaders. Thank you Siobhan for your leadership and hard work!
- 2015 MeL Databases Selection Process Survey Our current contract for LSTA-funded "core" MeL resources will end on September 30, 2015. We welcome your input on this survey to help us craft a Statement of Work that will be part of a Request for Proposal (RFP) for a new set of subscription content, beginning October 1, 2015. The survey will be available through February 1, 2015. Please share widely with staff and colleagues!
Goals, Mission & Performance
Find It Here!
Visit the Library
- Contacting and Visiting the Library of Michigan The Library of Michigan is open Monday - Friday 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. and the second Saturday of every month from 10:00 to 4:00. Parking is a dollar an hour in our convenient lot. See the link above to contact departments or individuals.