- Night for Notables Celebrates the 2015 Michigan Notable Books We'd love to see you on Saturday, April 25th from 5:30 - 8:30 p.m. at the Library of Michigan for the Library of Michigan Foundation signature event, Night for Notables. Hors d'oeuvres and Michigan beer and wines will be served. Book signings by this year's winning authors.
Admittance by advanced reservations only. Questions? Please call 517-373-1297.
- Join the conversation on Twitter @LibraryofMich! The Library of Michigan has an active Twitter presence. Check out new books coming into the library, staff happenings, Notable Book events, information about Michigan authors and Great Lakes books, Michigan history facts and figures and more. Join us on Twitter and participate in the Michigan conversation!
- Register for World Book Early World of Learning and Scholastic BookFlix webinars Need high quality resources for early learning and literacy? The Library of Michigan in the Department of Education provides no cost access to World Book Early World of Learning and Scholastic BookFlix. The Library will be hosting webinars on how to use these great resources on April 28th (BookFlix) and May 20th (Early World of Learning).
- LM/MCLS Regional Meetings & MeLCat Symposiums In July, MCLS and the Library of Michigan will be coming to a location near you to share information about recent developments/projects in Michigan's library community, including a half-day session devoted to all things MeLCat and RIDES. Choose from seven opportunities to participate in one of these regional meetings and MeLCat Symposiums. Register today!
- Would you like to host the Michigan Reads author and illustrator this year? We are proud to announce that the 2015 Michigan Reads! book will be Do Unto Otters written and illustrated by Laurie Keller. We are looking for libraries to host the author and illustrator in September and October. If you would like to be considered for an author visit, please let us hear back from you by May 1st so we can plan the program for the fall. Preference may be given to libraries that have not received a Michigan Reads! visit in the past.
Connect with the Library
- Ask a Librarian Questions? Call or e-mail us!
517-373-1300 - Still answered by a real person 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday - Friday !
Send a question to email@example.com.
The Library of Michigan is open Monday - Friday 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. and the second Saturday of every month from 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.