Library of Michigan Communication Channels
Below please find the listservs hosted by Library of Michigan staff (or, in the case of GOVDOC-M, a list of interest to people who may have been subscribed to a Library of Michigan listserv in the past).
- Michigan libraries job postings, important information about the Michigan eLibrary and other statewide initiatives, policy questions, help with problems, name that poem or book, offers of old runs of journals, discussion about the state of libraries, library furniture for sale - everything library-related except advertising by commercial vendors. Michlib-L is where many official notices from the Library of Michigan and other statewide library groups are made. For more information, please contact Sonya Schryer Norris at email@example.com. You can sign up to receive Michlib-l here.
- SCHOOLLIBRARY (K-12 School Library/Media Center Community)
- To stay informed about the SL 21 program and statewide resources, materials and events for use by K-12 students and staff, please join the School Library Community listserv. The listserv is for the Library of Michigan and the K-12 School Library Media Center community. For more information, please contact Karren Reish at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can sign up for SCHOOLLIBRARY here.
- LM Dispatch
- The Library of Michigan's bimonthly newsletter with information of interest to all library types. Learn about the happenings at the state library, state and national initiatives, library success stories, co-op news, news from the state librarian, and more in every email issue. For more information, please contact Sonya Schryer Norris at email@example.com. You can sign up for the LM DISPATCH here.
- MeL Minute
- A weekly update about items of interest to people who use the Michigan eLibray (MeL.org) suite of resources. You can sign up to receive the MeL MINUTE here.
- For library staff members using the Ploud software to create and maintain library Web sites in Michigan. For more information about the Ploud program, please contact Sonya Schryer Norris at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can sign up for the Ploud list here.
- LSTA - Library Services and Technology Act
- The LSTA contact list is for announcements relating to the Library Services and Technology Act, from grant program and funding announcements by the Library of Michigan staff to questions about the competitive grant program and comments on the five-year state plan. For more information, please contact Karren Reish at email@example.com. You can sign up to receive LSTA notifications here.
- MICHDOC - Closed list for Michigan Documents Depository Coordinators
MICHDOC is a closed listserv for coordinators and staff of Michigan Documents depository libraries and the staff of the Library of Michigan to communicate program information, post queries and exchange ideas, comments and news related to Michigan government resources. For more information, please contact Bernadette Bartlett at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Michigan Collections Network
- This email list is the primary communication tool for the Michigan Collections Network, a network interested in preserving and providing access to library and archival print and digital collections. For more information, please contact Kevin Driedger at email@example.com.
- An open e-mail discussion list for the government documents community at large. For further information and subscribing instructions, contact Catherine Morse cmorse [at] umich.edu.