Library of Michigan Webinar Archives
Put the Book Down and Engage! - with Jenifer Strauss of Story Be Told
In this live webinar, narrative consultant/storyteller, Jenifer Strauss showed participants how to use storytelling to promote language, literacy and healthy brain development. Participants learned how to choose stories from favorite authors and turn them in to interactive language experiences for young children. For the handout for Put the Book Down and Engage, please message Cathy Lancaster LancasterC5@michgian.gov. (Recorded 10.24.17)
Full Body Storytime: Moving and Grooving with Stories, Songs, Rhythms and Rhymes - with Jenifer Strauss of Story Be Told
Movement is a child’s first language! Combine movement with rhythm and you have the foundation for literacy skills like listening, speaking, reading and writing. This webinar features stories, songs, play, and movement. (Recorded 12.19.17)
[COMING SOON] "Ready to Read Michigan Storytime: I Got the Rhythm" - with Jenifer Strauss of Story Be Told
Join us to learn about a Ready to Read Storytime designed for outreach to your local early childhood providers & schools! This year’s book selection is “I Got the Rhythm” by Connie Schofield-Morrison and illustrated by Frank Morrison.
Handout for I Got the Rhythm. (Recorded 1.16.18)
Teen Clubs - featuring Amy Alessio, with contrubtions from Heather Booth
Want to keep the momentum going after a successful teen event? That “one off” can easily be turned into a popular monthly club that will keep young adults coming back. "Club Programs for Teens: 100 Activities for the Entire Year" authors Amy Alessio and Heather Booth share how-to tips.
Adapted Sensory Programming for All Ages and All Budgets - With presenters: Jen Taggart of Bloomfield Township Public Library, Laura Hollister & Sarah Skinner of Niles District Library, and Marta-Kate Jackson of Cromaine District Library.
EVERY CHILD READY TO READ
- RECORDING - "Every Child Ready to Read Library Staff Workshop" March, 2016 with Sue McCleaf Nespeca
- RECORDING - "Early Literacy & Learning Spaces" April, 2016 with Sue McCleaf Nespeca
- RECORDING - "Storytime for Babies," July, 2016 with Sue McCleaf Nespeca
- RECORDING - "Early Literacy Tips for Storytime: 2's & 3's" August, 2016 with Sue McCleaf Nespeca
- RECORDING - "Early Literacy Tips for Storytime: Preschool" November, 2016 with Sue McCleaf Nespeca
- RECORDING - "Mixed Aged Storytime Tips" January, 2017 with Sue McCleaf Nespeca
- RECORDING - "Every Child Ready to Read Family Engagement & Kindergarten Readiness," May 2017, with Sue McCleaf Nespeca
- RECORDING - "DAP Storytime Basics," July 2017 with Sue McCleaf Nespeca
- RECORDING - "Working with ECE's and Volunteers for Early Literacy," October 2017 with Sue McCleaf Nespeca
- RECORDING - "Every Child Ready to Read Initiative Wrap-up," November 2017 with Sue McCleaf Nespeca
RECORDING - “2017 Build A Better World: Youth Programming Ideas” Presenters: Library of Michigan's Youth Services Advisory Council
PARTIAL RECORDING - “Reaching Out to Your Community through Summer Food” (includes captions), Presenters: Karren Reish, Library of Michigan and Bryan Van Dorn, United Way for Southeastern Michigan.
RECORDING –– “Reluctant Readers and Interactive Reading programs: Read Together and PAWS to Read!” (includes captions) Presenters: Lisa Gonzalez and Beverly Schwartzberg, Santa Barbara Public Library.