Library Continuing Education Program
The Library of Michigan strives to support libraries’ efforts to provide quality service and programming to their communities. A major element of excellent service is empowering library staff to learn and implement new skills and best practices. The Librarian Continuing Education program helps by providing financial support for library staff continuing education.
Michigan public, academic and school library staff are eligible to apply for continuing education stipends. The program details and criteria are listed in the program criteria document. Please read the criteria and the application questions BEFORE submitting an application online. You can apply at any time and your application will be considered at the end of each quarter as listed in the timeline below.
Program Criteria and Application Questions
Submit an application
- Applications may be submitted quarterly, up to the last business day of March, June, September, or December for a continuing education event that is AFTER the quarterly submission deadline.
- Applicants will be notified of the funding decision within two weeks of the last business day of the quarterly submission deadline.
- Successful applicants will be required to sign and return an agreement form within two weeks of notification of the award.
- Attendees must submit a reimbursement form, receipts and a required article or presentation no later than 30 days after the end of the event to receive reimbursement.
- Within 30 days of submission of the reimbursement form, the Library of Michigan will notify the attendee of the final approved amount. Libraries MUST be a State of Michigan vendor to receive funds.
- Agreement form sample
- Continuing Education Program Reimbursement form
- Continuing Education Program Knowledge Sharing form
Please contact Evette Atkin at 517-373-3746 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions.
This project is supported in part by the Library of Michigan with federal funds from the Institute of Museum and Library Services.