Michigan Diabetes Statistics and Reports
A number of data sources are available to and through the Diabetes Prevention and Control Program about:
- Diabetes burden
- Diabetes-related indicators
These sources include:
Michigan Diabetes Reports
Diabetes Data Library
Tables are presented in diabetes prevalence and incidence among Michigan adults and children, as well as prediabetes among adults. In addition, the Library provides data about diabetes-related risk factors, preventive care practices, diabetes-related complications, hospitalization data, mortality, and cost data.
- Diagnosed Diabetes Prevalence and Incidence (New Cases) in Adults, 2008-2010
- Diabetes Prevalence in Children, 2006
- Diabetes Incidence (New Cases) in Children, 2002-2003
- Risk Factors in Adults with Diabetes and the General Population, 2008-2010
- Preventive Care Practices in Adults with Diabetes, 2011-2012 – UPDATED April 2014
- Prevalence of Complications in Adults with Diabetes, 2008-2010
- Hospitalization among Michigan Adults with Diabetes, 2011 – UPDATED June 2014
- Mortality for People with Diabetes, 2009
- Prediabetes in Adults, 2005-2006, 2010
- Gestational Diabetes Incidence, 2009-2010
- Cost of Diabetes in Michigan, 2005-2006
Michigan Diabetes Related Medicaid Data
Michigan's Medicaid programs
are funded by state and federal dollars and serve socio-economically vulnerable children and adults. Analysis of paid Medicaid claims, encounter, and prescription data provide a unique and powerful perspective on key components of health care.
Previously, MDCH has utilized analysis of Medicaid data to address health care utilization of children with asthma
and the disabled population
served by Michigan Medicaid programs.
Diabetes burden and indicators are presented as briefs, presentations, and downloadable tables, charts, and maps.
Briefs and Reports
Diabetes in Pregnancy
Posters and Slides
Uncharted Territory: Michigan Medicaid Claims Analysis of Diabetes Surveillance