Hospitals and Centers
- State-Operated Psychiatric Hospitals Psychiatric hospitals for adults who have a mental illness.
- Kalamazoo Psychiatric Hospital The Kalamazoo Psychiatric Hospital opened in 1859 and was known as the Michigan Asylum for the Insane. it became the Kalamazoo State Hospital in 1911. In 1978, the name changed to the Kalamazoo Regional Psychiatric Hospital. In 1995 it assumed its present designation, the Kalamazoo Psychiatric Hospital. (1.0)
- Walter P. Reuther Psychiatric Hospital
- Hawthorn Center Hawthorn Center, located in Northville, provides intensive inpatient psychiatric services to children and adolescents.
- Local Programs Mental health services for people who have a mental illness are coordinated through local Community Mental Health Services Programs (CMHSPs).
- Center for Forensic Psychiatry A 210-bed psychiatric facility that provides diagnostic services to the criminal justice system and psychiatric treatment for criminal defendants adjudicated incompetent to stand trial or acquitted by reason of insanity